This set of equipment will let you get up and running pretty quickly and let you make food.
Very Good Items to HaveEdit
- Big Pot (for soups, chillis, beans, noodles, or anything like that)
- Sauce Pan (fairly large one for boiling vegetables or poaching chicken)
- Three large plastic bowls
- 12" Tongs (flipping meat or other things)
- Wooden spoons or large stamped metal spoons for serving.
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Cast Iron Skillet (lodge skillet at walmart?)
- Eastern Style Spoons (low cost and don't take up too much room)
- Metal Chop Sticks (helps you eat food slower)
- One or two sets of standard flatware
- Cutting Board
- Kom Kom or Kiwi Thai style chef knife
- Low cost easy to use knife sharpener
- Knife steel
- Roasting Pan
- Vegetable Peeler
- Instant Thermometer
Things you may want:Edit
- If you'd like to make bread get a good bread pan - you may find something like this at homegoods.
- You may want to get some hidden kitchen items but they're not drop dead neccessary.
Costly Items That Pay for Themselves if you use them often:Edit
- Food processor ( cuisinart - if you can get one from family - for bread doughs, bean burgers, shredding stuff)
- Pressure cooker for faster beans and lentils
- If you have a family and a house - perhaps you could use a smaller chest freezer?
Items you don't need:Edit
- Knife block
- Kitchenaid mixer
- Pizza stone